Henkel operates worldwide with leading innovations, brands, and technologies in three business areas: Adhesive Technologies, Beauty Care, and Laundry & Home Care. Henkel Iran Headquarters is located in the west of Tehran in an 8-story building with a 6000 sqm total area. It was an old building and most parts of it were destroyed and renovated in order to follow Henkel’s design guidelines and create a modern and new office. According to Henkel’s strategy and its growth through to 2020 and beyond this office was re-designed for 280 employees.
For space planning and project implementation, it is necessary to understand communication within the different parts of the organization.
Each workspace includes different sections like open offices, Meeting rooms, project rooms, Focus rooms, Touch down, Copy points, Collaboration areas, and Coffee points.
Designing the Henkel workspace is the key to inspiring collaboration and innovation among colleagues. The workspace supports a dynamic range of work and a variety of team sizes and modular design helps to have flexible spaces.
General design principles:
- Maximizing the use of natural light. Mainly workspaces are located with access to daylight while support spaces are grouped in the middle section
- Use the open-plan office for having better space quality
- Flexible planning
- designing a collaboration lounge for creating a better relationship between employees
- Arrange ad hoc meeting areas and private spaces (focus room, small meeting rooms) for easy access from open-plan workstations
- Putting focus rooms and small meeting rooms among open-plan workstations for easy access to them and creating pause space